Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Things are getting lacy...



Look at what came in the mail this week.





That's right, Marianne Kinzel's First and Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting. I've wanted to buy these for quite a while. Now that I have them I don't know what took so long. While I certainly don't want to knit everything in these books, there are at least three tablecloths, one set of curtains, two tea cloths, one shawl and one doily I want to knit. These are very inexpensive books that give you quite a lot of bang for your buck. I still need to invest in a book with more round doilies. I found one at Amazon Germany, but I just don't know if I want to cough up the shipping.



As for knitting, the only thing I've worked on this week is Cookie A.'s Monkey Sock from Knitty. They are a very easy knit. The lace pattern is easy to memorize and a lot of fun. There are very few lace patterns that I like with variegated yarn. I know she designed this pattern especially for variegation and she did a swell job. I used Skacel Step which is a slightly mottled self-striping yarn with aloe and jojoba. I think it looks great. See for yourself:





I'm still waiting for the yarn for the Forest Path Stole to come in. I only ordered it a week and a half ago, but I don't have a lot of patience. The pattern came in yesterday. It has only made me more excited to start.

No comments: