Monday, July 02, 2007

The Forest Path Stole... is finished!






Forest Path Stole by Faina Latoutchaia

Measurements: 77"x32"
Yarn: Coulourmart 2/28 Cashmere in Lemongrass (less than a 150 gm cone)
Needles: US #3 (3.25mm) Crystal Palace Bamboo 40 " circulars



Can you believe it? I have finally finished this monsterpiece. I thought I loved it while I was knitting it, but I knew I did when I finished blocking.


It is as light as a cloud. Unfortunately it's raining outside so I can't take the best pictures, but here we go.

Blocking:



I don't know what I would have done without blocking wires. It would have taken three times as long, and I doubt I would have gotten such straight edges.


After blocking on the floor:





It's 32"x77". I'm sure I could have blocked it longer, but not at 4 a.m.


On a table:




I think I will leave it here while I try to find a home for it. I can't quite bear the thought of putting it away. I've got to spend a few weeks just looking at it first.

4 comments:

Batty said...

Stunning! It's so elegant and delicate, a true masterpiece.

Colette said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful. I didn't have blocking wires when I did mine and it was a real chore.

Bonnie said...

Wow! That's truly a work of art. Congratulations!

Soo said...

That is gorgeous!!

I have had the Forest Path Stole on my list to knit for a couple of months but haven't decided on colour/yarn yet. (Although every single one I've seen has been beautiful so I don't think this is helping narrow down my choices!!)