Thursday, July 05, 2007

Because I can.... new FPS pictures





Okay I can't resist posting this really cute picture of my niece wearing the Forest Path Stole.






I think this shows the color better than the previous ones, and look it floats in the wind.






I've just started a series of baby sweaters which will hopefully exhaust all of the machine washable yarn in my stash. Here's the first one in progress.





I started last night. It's Guernsey Frock by Kim Hargreaves from "A Treasury of Rowan Knits."



I just picked it up on remainder. It's a book worth having, especially if you live in the south. Almost all of the patterns are knit with cotton or cotton blend yarns like Rowan Denim, Wool Cotton, or Cotton Glace. There are a lot of drop shoulders, but I am no longer convinced that drop shoulders in themselves are evil. I think it's the combination of drop shoulders and eight to ten inches of ease that's the real nightmare. Anyway check it out.

I think there is some cold barbecue I should be eating right now. I'll be back when the leftovers run out.


5 comments:

fleegle said...

It's stunning! The color is beautiful too. I have the pattern, but never really saw one before that I liked until I saw yours.

Lucy said...

Beautiful work - I totally agree with Fleegle - Your Forest Path stole is a standout!! Happy Knitting!

Agnes said...

Congratulations! Too bad I didn't catch your FO on the 1st update ... but it'll be shown on the 15th. Have Debi sent you invitation to the Flickr group? If not, please give me your email address and one would be sent your way. Your stole would add colour to the photo pool! It's simply lovely!

Larjmarj said...

Simply absolutely gorgeous. I have had my eye on the forest path stole and yours in exceptional. Perfect color too.

Rebel said...

wow!!! that shawl is gorgeous - and your niece looks adorable in it. I'm really impresed! - zuma