Sunday, June 24, 2007

Just a quick shot of Venezia...





I am making great progress. I have to say that so far this is the most enjoyable knitting experience I've ever had. Knitting fair isle two handed is also much less tiring. When I knit for a long time I tend to get soreness in my left hand, even though that hand just stays still (maybe because that hand stays still). That has not been a problem at all. I think having both hands equally engaged keeps them from tensing up.

I can't wait to experiment with more of KnitPicks new heathered Palette. I'm thinking fair isle hats and gloves, by the boatload. I'm letting everyone who knows me know now, that is what you are getting for Christmas, whether you like it or not.


I am definitely knitting this this fall (check out pictures 2 and 3)

The first time I saw this sweater on Eunny Jang's blog I was bowled over, but that shot is even more incredible. I love the colors, the fit, the neckline. I am going to save up so that I can splurge for the required yarn. If there ever was a sweater worth $150, this is it.

I have got to make myself take a break from the sweater so I can finish the border of the Forest Path Stole, but it is very, very hard to tear myself away.


4 comments:

Sandra said...

Your Venezia is very nice. I agree the new Eunny Jhang sweater is definitely worth it.

Can't wait to see your completed Venezia.

Linda said...

Ilove you knitting of Venezia. I so want to start mine but with theschool summer holidays coming up I know that it would not be realistic!!

Batty said...

Beautiful! I can't believe how quickly you're cranking this out.

Liz said...

Hey, just stumbled over here from the Knittyboard. I made a Venezia this past spring (see it here)

It tired my left hand too, so I paid close attention and realized that my hand doesn't really stay still, and my elbows and wrist move even more. Maybe it's because I'm not that great at continental, I'm not sure.