Wednesday, June 20, 2007

So I cast on for Venezia. It's a lot of fun. I am just loving this combination of yarn, pattern and needles. I recreated the charts in a larger, more readable form so following them has been a breeze. Here's my progress so far.





Anyone who has been afraid of fair isle please just jump in. This is my first fair isle done in the traditional fingering gauge. It's both faster and easier than I thought it would be. The pattern is interesting enough that it makes up for the relatively slow progress.


If you are knitting Venezia do watch out. I quickly read through the instructions and started knitting. I knew I would have to decrease, but it didn't occur to me to check until I had knit eleven rows. I was supposed to start decreasing after 2 rows. Oh well, I guess my sweater is just going to be an inch and a half longer than the original.

1 comment:

ellipsisknits said...

Don't mean to rain on the parade, but if it's two inches longer, doesn't that mean the pattern will be off when you join the sleeves? Or are you adjusting where they start too?

It looks gorgeous. Much nicer than my attempts at fair isle so far.

-C