Monday, June 18, 2007

At Last....

I have returned. I was postless because of a short vacation plus a long stretch of severe back pain. What better project is there for someone who can hardly move their arms than the Forest Path Stole. Just Kidding. I have finished all 23 tiers. I am currently working on the border.




Reading the directions for the border I thought it would be very tedious, but it knits up rather fast.

Guess what I got in the mail a couple of days ago.




All of the yarn and needles for Eunny Jang's Venezia Pullover from Interweave Knits Winter 2006. Yes, I know I made a pledge to knit no sweaters in 2007, but Knitpicks Palette comes in great new heathered colors that are just perfect for this project. A large fair isle sweater for $30. How could I resist.

These are my first Knitpicks needles and I am in love. I got the classic circulars, so I still don't know how good the Options are, but if they anywhere as nice as these I may have to buy a set.
The points are perfect and not nearly as sharp as I had heard. I once stabbed myself in the arm with no.5 Susan Bates needles as I sat down while holding them in a bag points up. I just don't think the Knitpicks needles would draw blood.

I have already swatched.



Sand = Cream
Mooskit /White = Tan
Mooskit = Twig
Yellow Ochre - Golden Heather
Pine Forest = Navy (there is no really dark green in Palette)
Peacock = Marine Heather
Rosemary = Rainforest Heather
Turf = Tidepool Heather
Old Gold = Brindle Heather

Pretty good, eh? The Brindle is a little dark, but I like it.

I would show you my progress, but I have had to frog the hem, because of five additional stitches that snuck in even though I counted twice and used stitch markers. It's really hard not to make a mistake when you are casting on 324 stitches. I'll post a picture of the finished hem soon. I promise it be another month until I post again.

No comments: