Sunday, May 20, 2007

Belated Mother's Day



I finished it at last. It was only five days late. I think this shows it was worth it.





That's my mom wearing the Short Sleeved Lace Cardigan from Vogue Knitting Spring/Summer 2007. I enjoyed knitting this pattern so much. It is extremely simple. I think it would be a perfect first lace project for someone. The slanting eyelet pattern is very easy to memorize, or even better, it is so easy to read the knitting that you don't have to memorize the pattern at all.





I love the eyelet ribbing detail. You don''t even have to knit buttonholes. The eyelets are used instead. I haven't added the buttons yet, and I don't know that I will. My mother seems to prefer to wear it open.


I just realized that this is my first FO in three months. I've been knitting almost everyday, but I haven't been making much progress on my WIPs. I have to remember to keep adding small projects to my to do list. The satisfaction of actually completing something reenergizes me and helps me focus on the bigger things, like the sadly neglected Forest Path Stole.

I picked up my FPS last night for the first time in a month. I'm going to try to knit a little of it every day. I do want to finish it. It is just so hard to be disciplined when there are so many other crafty distractions.


8 comments:

Batty said...

That looks fabulous on her! I must go check out Cotton Ease, right now.

Mandy said...

That looks great!!! She looks like she is loving it, too!

prairiegirl said...

Awesome! Looks great!

Rebel said...

Great job - it looks wonderful on her!

Zuma

OLPP said...

That looks wonderful! Very nicely done, and your Mom looks quite pleased!

Zonda said...

That is lovely! Fits her well!

BTW-I'm from Knitty and got here via the new webring! :)

Sarah Ditum said...

I thought I'd already commented on how beautiful this cardi is, but it looks like I forgot to press "publish". Well, it is beautiful, and your mum looks very happy to be wearing such a gorgeous piece. (And thanks for stopping by my blog too.)

Debi said...

It's lovely Regina and your Mom looks great in it!

Now let's see some FPS action :)